Sunday, June 5, 2011

One by One...

The rush in the morning as I realized the clock had just turned 7:30 and I had to be dressed and ready for graduation in less than 40 minutes. I jumped into the shower right after Grandpa Shaw had taken one step outside the door. After a frantic blow drying of the hair and cake of makeup I awkwardly got into the jeep and Dallon sped to the Marriott Center, meanwhile I am trying to paint my nails and doing horrible at it might I add. We got there and cord after cord dropped as I messily dress myself in the maroon robe and place the board on my head. Walking down a steep hill in heels which I rarely wear was not easy. As I entered the hall I searched each girls face looking for three things, how she did her make up/hair, how many cords they wore and if I knew them. As I spotted those who were most familiar to me I tip toed my way over. So many girls were embracing each other and saying their congratulations. The rush soon became unbearable as everyone made their way towards the front. Being Bruin Crew pres I was to be the first to walk out and take my place in the seat. The ever daunting music started and I took my first shaky step toward the never ending bleachers. I glanced outside and saw my brother. I held back tears as I realized this was one of the last major moments we would ever have together. We stood in front of the chairs and waited for the others to file in. The familiar yell of my mother was nehind me and I knew the rest of my family was close by cheering with her. I couldn't help wounder if she was crying yet; I know I was trying not to. We listened to the speakers for what seemed like forever. Dallon and I shared inside jokes and things only each other would know as we sat next to each other. Once again the music started and each one of us glanced at one another waiting for the other to stand up. Finally one person stood and so did the others. We made our way down stairs and teachers greeted us telling how much they would miss us. Unknown to me, my jewelry teacher really liked me and talked to me the whole way down. Once again Dallon and I shared comments and then I watched him walked through the curtains. I was next and made my way across the stage shaking unfamiliar hands and trying to briskly walk past those who were staring at me on the front row. I couldn't help the smile that grew with each step. Finally I sat down and everyone else walked. We listened to a few more speeches than watched a video. I was doing fine until the last picture popped up on the screen. It was one Dallon and I had taken for senior pictures my head was on his shoulder like it was a lot. Tears rushed but I was able to hold them back. After the video we were dismissed and of course we rushed outside for all the family pictures. So fun!...what a life! GRADUATION!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chelsey,

    Thanks for putting me on your email list with the invite to follow your blog. I'll check in every now and again to see whats new. Congrats on graduation and good luck this summer as you begin the next chapter of your adventures!!